10+ Cricut Home Décor ProjectsJanuary 24, 2023
Did you recently get a Cricut machine and need some inspiration on how to use it to make things for your home? We’ve got you! Whether it’s a framed piece you want to display for years to come, seasonal projects you throw on a mantle for a holiday or beautiful gifts to pass to someone you love, here are 10+ Cricut home décor project ideas to get you started. Check out these different Cricut techniques using cardstock, vinyl and mixed media materials.
- Vinyl on shadow box front. Fill your shadow box with photos, shells, flowers, corks or memorabilia and add a phrase using adhesive vinyl cut on your Cricut machine. Try this technique for seasonal décor on your mantle, like this stars and stripes design, or turn it into front door décor stating your family’s last name.
- Multi-media shadow box art. Combine the technique mentioned above of adding vinyl on a shadow box front, but step it up a notch and add other mixed media elements on the outside too. These DIY Scarecrow Shadow Boxes have the most adorable button-nose faces paired with crowns of artificial flowers and would look cut on a shelf this fall.
- Cardstock creations. Choose a single shape and cut concentric pieces or the same-sized pieces out of different colors of cardstock and add them to your frame. Tip: choose dimensional foam adhesive and create additional dimension, which is especially effective in deeper shadow box pieces.
- Layered Paper Art. Use the Cricut Design Space software to design your own layered artwork piece or purchase one off Etsy. Cut these shapes on your Cricut machine using an assortment of cardstock colors and add them to a dimensional shadow box for your child’s room.
- String a paper-crafted garland. This fall-themed Thanksgiving paper-crafted banner was created on a Cricut but hung between a beautiful gold Arnhem frame base.
- Create a painted acrylic focal piece. Peel the protective covering from one side of an acrylic sheet and paint with acrylic paint to add some color to your home. Cut a phrase or design of choice on your Cricut on adhesive vinyl and adhere it on the other side of the acrylic. These make great centerpieces for a mantle collection, like this autumn-themed piece or used as an entrance sign for a wedding or baby showers.
- Apply vinyl on a canvas. Choose a sentimental phase, like your wedding vows, an iconic design to match a nursery, or a trendy icon like a palm leaf and apply to a canvas using iron on vinyl. Step any rectangular or square canvas design up a notch and frame using a canvas frame of your choice.
Need more Cricut tips before you get started? Check out this Beginner Dos and Don’ts list and list of additional supporting tools that will help your creative crafting process.
About The Author
|Tara Nehil is author of SpotOfTeaDesigns.com, a lifestyle blog sharing home décor, crafts, party inspiration and parenting lessons learned the hard way. Her graphic design background is evident in the home she lives in and styles with her husband and 2 young daughters. Follow her creative journey for photo tutorials, printables, budget-friendly decorating tips and ways to celebrate occasions big and small.|